Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spiciest Chili - We Have a Winner!

Well, Mark was able to accomplish his goal ... that was to win the spiciest chili at our wards Chili Cookoff! I tasted his chili before the habanero pepper paste was added and liked it very much. However, I do not care for chili that is even on the verge of being spicy so I declined any additional tastes. Some friends were over on Friday night just after the peppers were added and Darren did give the spiciest chili a try. He agreed with Mark, it should win! After some milk and oreo ice cream cake both Mark and Darren were feeling a little better from the chili!

The chili cookoff came off between heavy down pours of rain today. We had rain yesterday as well which has been great. Although it puts a damper on the golfers, I don't mind a little free water to keep our yard looking nice!

Tonight we hosted the Relief Society sisters here to watch the broadcast from Salt Lake City. All the messages were great and President Uchtdorf concluded the meeting with an excellent talk. Be sure to read it in the Ensign if you were not able to hear it tonight. What a great leader he is.

1 comment:

Lamps Family said...

Oh the Chili cook-off. I miss those fun times in the ward. I hope you had a good time. Tell everyone I miss and think about them often.

Julee