Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Rains Came Down and the Waters Came Up ...

Today we had quite a bit of rain pass through our area. I was glad it was only rain and not hurricane winds! Several hurricanes are making their way up the East coast and we certainly pray for the families that have been effected.

Last night I successfully canned 6 pints of salsa from our garden. I was able to use our own tomatoes and jalapeno peppers. The recipe called for 3 cups of jalapeno's which was great because we have soooo many peppers. Next year, I think I will only plant one jalapeno pepper plant vs. three!

Max turned 2 1/2 this past week and I'm not kidding when I say this but, I really think a little button turned on in his brain that started his defiance mode! My patience has been short, I know, but his ability to look me or Mark straight in the eyes and say "NO" is getting old. Somedays I feel as though I say to him 80% of the time "do this or that otherwise you can go to timeout"! I really do not want Max to spend 80% of his life in timeout . . . perhaps I should be the one going to timeout but, he has definitely been more challenging. It really is a good thing that Mark is here. Mark was great last night and today to take Max with him on our errands for the weekend and to take him to the park last night. It really gave me a much needed break. And of course, Max loves to go for rides in the truck with dad!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think I've been short on patience, too. Ever since Jaydon started school again..it just seems that he thinks he doesn't have to listen anymore. I'm hoping that when Carson starts school on Tuesday that he'll start listening more. Kelcey.. My sweet little girl... is learning naughty things from her brothers! Things will get better one of these days, I hope. I hope Max will start listening more! Hope you have a great day!

Bradleyfamily said...

I can't beleive how much it came down. We went to the temple on Saturday and I thought the hurricane would maybe discourage people from attending the temple.
The temple was SOOOO crowded!!! There was a major tropical storm going on and the temple was definatly a haven. The ride home was, for me a white knuckle ride.

Josh is exercising his use of the word NO as well. I also find myself saying do this or that or you'll have to go to timeout or up to your room............. I am really hoping it's just happening to # 1 teach me patience and #2 teach him how to OBEY!! Good Luck!

Angela said...

Don't you know that 3's are the "new" 2's. Your just getting warmed up. Every age has it's challenges, they just come in different disguises. Tag team is a great way to get some much needed relief.

I havn't weighed myself yet. I am waiting until the end of the week due to mother nature. Hopefully, I will be happy with what I see. It would help if I was actually exercising more often. I did good for a few days, but slept in one too many times. Now I have to break my lazy habit and go do it. I have been eating pretty good though, we'll see.
Among other things, our children teach us patience. You are doing great. :) :)