Most you know that Freeman, the company I work for, produces the Republican National Convention every four years. In 2000, I spent 2 1/2 months working on the RNC in Philadelphia. It was some of the longest days & weeks I have ever spent working in my life. In fact, the week of the convention, I logged 108 hours . . . really ridiculous! But, I enjoyed being in the thick of it, working with great people, the secret service and of course meeting a lot of politicians and media people.
Our company produces what you see on TV and what you don't see on TV. Including the stage, rigging, electrical, all the media booths that you don't see out side, even the bathrooms that Laura Bush and her parents used to get ready in prior to coming on the stage! Locker rooms in the stadium have been converted to offices for the secret service and media. Tunnels have been created for secured entrances. Huge banners have been created to hang on the outside of the buildings. Curbs have most likely been taken out for buses to get people in to the facility. Rows of chairs have been removed along with walls and glass for the media rooms. It really is quite an amazing accomplishment to see this come together. If you ever want to see pictures from Philly, just let me know!
I have been anticipating the RNC and was excited that I got to watch a great deal of it last night. I know not all of you are supporting the Republican ticket out there but, I was excited to hear the speakers last night. I really enjoyed Fred Thompson's speech! I'm excited at the thought of a female Vice President and one that even represents the great state of Alaska where Mark grew up!
For those who may be interested in seeing a week of "set-up" at the convention hall, check out the following video I found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qzsfpBLN3A
For those who would like to keep updated on the GOP convention floor check out www.gopconvention2008.com.
I certainly hope you will take time to learn about the candidates and think carefully about who we elect as our next President and Vice President!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I thought Pallin did a great job last night! But the best part was her daughter licking her hand to pat down the babies hair! Classic moment that makes us realize that they are a normal family just like us! Julie
I loved the speeches last night. Palin did an excellent job and I am a 100% supporter. You right Julie - the her family is just like the rest of us working through the challenges of life.
I wasn't sure of Pallin at first. I didn't know enough about her, as is the case with most of us. I recorded last nights speeches and look forward to walking on the treadmill while I watch them :) I thought of you though when I saw news clips from it. I remember how hard you worked back then. Now you work just as hard, or harder, but in a different way. :)
Post a Comment