Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our New Movie Watcher


Max has never been a tv watcher or a movie watcher until.... this past week. Mark bought him Walt Disney's move "The Nightmare Before Christmas" by Tim Burton. Max watched the movie with some interest the first time but, still managed to play with toys or books. BUT, he has become so addicted to this movie, it is hardly all he talks about. He wakes up in the morning and asks first thing, "Can we watch my new movie?" He's not even out of bed when he is asking? "After my nap, can I watch my new movie?" With the exception of yesterday, he has watched this movie at least 3 times each day! It truly amazes me! On one hand, we do not want him to become a movie junkie but, I will admit I certainly can get quite a bit done while he sits in his little chair and stares at the movie! "Jack Skellington, the "Pumpkin King of Halloween Town" sure does keep our 2 1/2 year old entertained for a little over an hour!

4 comments:

Bradleyfamily said...

That is really funny! Josh has certain times of the day that I let him watch tv. Whenever Super Why is on or Dora. When Max is over, Max chooses to play with toys, but he did mention his Christmas movie, and insisted that his Daddy put it in his bag. I was very surprised because that was the first time I have heard him express interest in watching anything! He's so much fun to watch and Josh loves playing with him.

Ms. Mini said...

I have the same feelings - can't wait for my little bear to watch a movie. He'll watch cars for about 5 min, that's it! Ann

Angela said...

Yes, it was a love/hate relationship with the kids and their TV watching. It still is.

Shellie said...

Oh what a wonderful day when the kiddo starts sitting through movies. I agree it's a love/hate relationship :)