Monday, August 4, 2008

Catching Up

We have had a very busy week. Uncle Mike (my brother) and his oldest daughter Kiley dropped in for a visit and business trip. Kiley is 16 now (which I can hardly believe) and we were able to spend several days down in Washington as well as a day shopping in Leesburg at the outlets.

Of course our camera desides to give us trouble during all of this but, I think I was able to capture a few pictures of Max & Kiley along the way.

Kiley was able to see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Washington Monument, White House, Air & Space Museum, the movie "To Fly", The Capital, Eastern Market (although most of the vendors were not out) the Holocaust Museum and the Jefferson Memorial. While this was not her first trip here this was trip she will hopefully remember for sometime. Max was a trooper and thank heavens for strollers and good shoes. We spent many hours walking, waiting in lines, getting tickets, looking for parking and of course driving back and forth!

As soon as I can get the camera batteries worked out I hope to add a few pictures.

Uncle Mike also taught Max a few new words while he was here. "Bar-hoppin" is Maxs' new favorite expression - although he has no idea what it means! After Mike & Kiley left the other night, Max cried out many times, I want to go bar-hoppin with Uncle Mike & Kiley. While I must of told him that really they were going back to the hotel room, he was not convinced. I was very glad to know that Max did not share his new word with the nursery today!

Thanks for visiting us and we welcome any other visitors to come East!

3 comments:

Shellie said...

YEAH! It's so fun to catch up with what you guys are up to. You have the cutest family and it's sounds like you are having a great summer!

Karen said...

aw, that sounds so fun! I hope that we can make it back east sometime.. I would love to come! HEY, you can come to ALASKA! ;)

Angela said...

I will be up for another road trip next summer!! We will talk about doin some more barhoppin :)