Monday, August 25, 2008

Pray for the Pipes!

This afternoon Max decided to provide us a little more excitement than normal. Currently for Max to go to the bathroom he feels the need to strip down even if he is just going pee. This afternoon after going pee he picked up his underwear and as the toilet was flushing I saw him set his underwear free down into the toilet bowl as the water was swooshing in a circle! I gasped and said, "Max what are you doing? Are you crazy?" as I was practically doing a head dive into the toilet to retrieve his underwear out. As gross as this sounds to dive after your kids underwear, I was also thinking to myself, the last thing we need right now is a plumbing bill.

So no worries . . . the underwear was retrieved.

When Max gets finished with his dinner, if his tray is not removed right away, he will then get bored and start using his food as shampoo in his hair. We've had everything from syrup, to mangos, ranch dressing, etc. end up in his hair. This is his way of requesting a shower in mommy and daddies bathroom. Our bathroom is much easier to shower in then his. Although we do wash his hair in his tub just fine. So every now and then we let him shower in our bathroom. Today he did get a shower in our bathroom this morning as he claimed he too was sweaty from our walk. Tonight, after dinner he got another shower to clean out rice and smashed mango.

Mark took him up to shower while I attempted to make a couple of work calls. Then . . . I heard the screams from Max - "I want my mommy" "Mommy will fix it" . . . . Max had opened the small plastic drain cover (which he has done before) and shoved his baby wash cloth down the drain. Mark was working on retrieving it out with coat hangers but, the wash cloth had made its way past the initial 2' straight drop and down the elbow of the pipe. Mark and I both attempted to retrieve the wash cloth but, with no luck. We then called the handiest people we know, Danny and Jo Greene, who have every tool in the world. They proceeded to come over and help us retrieve the wash cloth. But with Danny's "snake" we still could not retrieve the wash cloth. We decided to run the water for a bit and the drain did not back up. We'll see how the shower looks after our morning showers but . . . I really hope the wash cloth has made it through the pipes and into some large plant that has received more than one baby wash cloth from a 2 year old!

May our pipes be blessed this night and for many more nights to come . . . that they too will survive a 2 year old!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Way to go Max!! GRRRR.

So I did pretty good my first day (okay, so I'm a little late due to family night). I walked for a little over 1/2 hour and my healthy food choices were good. I even went to the grocery store to have some healthy alternatives. I also managed to NOT eat the mini eclairs that were left in the fridge (the kids ate them all when they got home -whew) I ate a bit more dinner than I should have (it was so yummy), but all and all did good. I'm going to lunch today with some friends so I must practice restraint and drink LOTS of water :) Have a great day!!

Andrea said...

when people say kids are expensive, it's really not the clothing, activities and college they are talking about - it's the serious home destruction bills!! my kids have flooded the bathrooms so many times i could cry. i'm glad you at least had one victory with the underwear rescue :)

Angela said...

I love the new look too :)

I got up and walked this morning for 1/2 hour (need to build up to get that brisk walking).

Still didn't do great with my water. Forgot my vitamins. I did pretty good eating (until Madisen made cookies). Don't ever teach Max how to bake. I think I ate 4 (I should have moved them out of sight).