Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Biggest Loser . . . . Starts Up!

Well I decided to step on our scale the other day. At first it read "ERR" which made me quite nervous. Had I exceeded the scales capacity?

We did upgrade our scale last year for Christmas since the first one had been attacked multiple times by Max. Our new scale allows you to program in your age, height, weight and then some how miraculously gives you a boby fat percentage. I don't really buy in to the percentage weight idea since it has been engrained in to me about pinching arms, stomachs, legs, etc. While I am interested in dropping weight I know my fat percentage is will come down.

So here is the deal. I am prepared to share with the world that I am now on a course to lose 55.5 pounds before June 29, 2009! This will give me a little over 10 months to complete this goal and really I am determined to make it - perhaps even before June 29th.
For years, now I have been wanting to put myself first with my health but, it really is so easy to put it aside and eat when I am sad, depressed, stressed and of course when I am happy! I have tried almost every program out there in my adult life including Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Body for Life, The Carboyhydrate Addicts Diet, various versions of all protein, etc. Really, what losing weight to me boils down to is cutting back, no snacking, more water and consistent exercise. I am not not going to say that I am going to stop eating one type of food or the other, etc. That really just does not work for me in the long run.
So I will keep a running total of my weight loss updated on this blog and keep you posted as to how I am doing. My reward in the end . . . well, the first reward will be a healthier me which will be most important. I will enjoy taking our kids to the pool much more and of course doing even more activities outside. The big reward . . . well hopefully Mark and I will be able to spend a little time in Hawaii to celebrate our future and the first 40 years of our lives! And to see many more sunsets like the one above together.

So keep asking me on how I am doing . . . this will help keep me on track. This morning I told Max to say "Keep up the pace mom!" while we were out on our walk. I started back walking this week and I have really enjoyed the early morning cool air of August!

I challenge all of you to make any changes you may need with your health and keep me posted on how you are doing!

8 comments:

Raenie said...

Stephanie...way to go! What an awesome goal. Good luck.

PS
honestly...my dreams never come true, I hope you aren't worrying about it:-)

Nelson Family said...

Do I have to cut back on chocolate, Diet Coke, and Fast Food to join you in this adventure? You are a very determined person and I know you can do it! Julie

Bridges Family said...

I'm sure I'll be needing to cut back on Diet Coke - ugh! We've just about got Max trained on getting his stool in front of the fridge to reach a nice cold one on Saturday mornings. Nice . . .

Bridges Family said...

I'm sure I'll be needing to cut back on Diet Coke - ugh! We've just about got Max trained on getting his stool in front of the fridge to reach a nice cold one on Saturday mornings. Nice . . .

Angela said...

OKAY STEPH,
YOU ARE ON!!!!! I also need to loose some weight (okay more than some, I have about 40 lbs). I think we should be weight loss buddies. Leave a daily comment on my blog to tell me how you did, and I will do the same :)

Bridges Family said...

Ang:

Sounds good! I could use a buddy to check in with!

Rebecka said...

I don't think I've ever stayed the same weight for even a week, I'm either losing or gaining weight constantly, and it's usually the latter. So I totally know what you mean. There are all these programs that are designed to help you lose weight, but unless you're committed and motivated, the programs don't help. And if you're committed and motivated, you can do it on your own because we know what it takes to lose weight. I'm excited to be going through this with you--we can help each other. Good luck!

Perley Family said...

GO Stephanie!!! I'll be rooting for you! That is a great goal. I am trying to eat healthier too; but I am so weak! I have the worst sweet tooth. If I know you are trying, I will be trying too!