So after dinner, we got ready and headed to the church. (A little drama for getting our Sunday shoes on of course.) We arrived just as the baptism started and the room was packed. Max and Josh waited as patiently as 2 year olds could to see Kelly get baptized down in the water. They were anxiously waiting down in front so that they could see up close. As the baptism was performed, both boys watched anxiously and excitedly. Once the baptism was completed, Max then exclaimed, "Can I go in the swimming pool?" For those who are not familiar with our baptism ordinance, we practice baptism by immersion. So our church fills a faunt with water which Max had interpreted as the "swimming pool". We then explained again to him that he can be baptized when he is 8 years old. There was a small chuckle from those who heard his comment, which was just about everyone. But, I am glad that we have the opportunity to teach him the importance of baptism and that Jesus Christ, himself showed us the way by being baptized himself.
Although the evening ran late into bedtime I am happy to teach and show our son one of the most important ordinances we have within our gospel knowledge.
2 comments:
we took the boys to a baptism last fall, and right when the little girl came up out of the water, nick loudly announced "SHE'S SOAKING WET!" it was very funny but i felt bad for the interruption.
Max was pretty cute last night. I thought about taking Dallin as well but I needed a few hours to myself. I guess I'll have to take advantage of the next baptism for a teaching opportunity.
Post a Comment