Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Have a Meeting ...

Mom: Max, what are you doing?

Max: I'm getting ready for my meeting.

Mom: What is in your bag?

Max: Everything I will need for my meeting.

Mom: What exactly is in your bag?

Max: My cards (playing cards or old hotel keys that I bring home for him), my zebra, my wallet, a tissue, some cars, a computer cord, random church magazines or pamplets (he has no doubt found in a non-secured area).

Mom: Where is your meeting?

Max: At Sacrament meeting.

Mom: Who is going to your meeting?

Max: Dallin & Josh (friends from nursery and playmates)

Mom: Ok, well let me know when your meeting is over with ok? Did you take any snacks for your meeting?

Max: I need to get some . . . . (now digging through the pantry for pretzels or teddy grahams)

Pretty soon I see him set up shop on the landing of our stair case. Everything is now out of the bag and thrown in various directions.

Max: Mom, my meeting is over with now. I need to go to work.

Mom: Where are you working today?

Max: Las Vegas

I've tried to tell Max over and over again that he will have plenty of time for meetings and work. Just sit back and enjoy your juice and chocolate milk for a little longer. Pretty soon he'll be off to college and on a mission!

3 comments:

Angela said...

He is SO stink'n funny!! Quick witted at 2 -yep, I think that comes from the Tippets side :)

Today, Scott had his piercing removed, so I can honestly say that his period is lasting way longer than any of mine ever have -poor guy. (another surgical procedure, so much for "in office")

My day was too stressful to start on a program. I will start MONDAY!! (this Monday) I need the weekend to get in the mindset :) and to eat a little more chocolate.

Bridges Family said...

Sounds good. Today I actually walked twice for an hour each way. My feet are killing me but that is nothing new. I've had feet problems for years.

I'll keep you posted on how the weigh in goes!

Give Scott my best.

Angela said...

OH, BTW, 48 IS my number to loose -not 40. Bummer!! You can put a ticker on your blog that will show your progress.