Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Serving is a Good Deed

Today Max and I had the opportunity to help another family who is in need. We spent several hours with children who needed extra help. We made cupcakes with these kids (not good for the diet - I only had 1 and about a 1/3 of Max's) but the feeling I got from helping others was wonderful. I do enjoy service and feel as though that is really what we should be doing - to help others as we can is really what the Lord would want us to do. Plus the added bonus is that I did not think about our problems or frustrations for a good three hours . . . . a nice break. I should of stayed all day and night! But, when I did get home, Max took a wonderful nap in HIS bed and gave me some time to be inspired about our dilemma's.

The shower did not give me any problem this morning . . . whew!

Gas prices are down to $3.39 a gallon!

The temperature outside this morning was in the low 60's - perfect for walking. Although about 10 minutes in to our hour walk - Max announces he is cold! It was a little chilly so we did cut the walk short so we could keep our morning moving.

Tonight, I am grateful for my family and the ability to share, help and be inspired.

2 comments:

Raenie said...

I heard about all that you did yesterday...may God pour down his blessings upon you!!

Angela said...

There's nothing like service like that to keep you humble.

I didn't get a walk in today because Dalton was up in the night for 3 hours sick, so I slept in (well, if you call 6AM sleeping in) Of course since I didn't walk, I ate too much junk food. We'll see how the weigh in goes.

Wednesday was an excellent day for me, Thursday was okay. WE CAN DO THIS!!