We had a fun weekend! I need to get the pictures developed and posted but, we made our annual trip to Hill High Farms! This was our third year of going out to take a hay ride which includes picking a small pumpkin and an apple of our choice. The owner of the farm comes riding up to the hay ride on his horse "Bo" and of course the kids get even more excited to see the horse. Max was no exception. We got to see the farm animals and do a haystack maze. Max also had his first porta-potty experience with dad .... thank goodness Mark endured that one with him!
Max has a new playmate, Avery who is 6 months old. I started watching her this past Friday and will watch her three times a week while her mom is working. Things went pretty good on Friday and Max was quite helpful. If she started crying, Max would say, "Don't cry Avery, have this toy!" I was impressed with how helpful he was with her. I hope things will continue to go well with this new adventure.
I was working at our Freeman office in Maryland this past week for a couple of days. While commuting I was listening to the local news stations which I would not normally hear during the day here in the house. But, once again I was amazed at several of the headlines. One that I thought I would share ... "The roads are closed between streets ?? and ?? due to the hand grinade found in Rock Creek Parkway along the fence line. We have found that the pin is still in tact on the grinade. We are waiting for the bomb squad to come and investigate. We'll keep you posted on any new updates." And, the traffic continued on as another day in Washington!
So, this week I am grateful that the hand grinade did not go off, the apples in Winchester are in full bloom and ripe for picking, we had the chance to watch General Conference on tv, have a playdate with 4 of Max's friends and have our annual hay ride adventure. What a great fall week in Washington and in the Shenandoah Valley.
PS - The Bronco's won today so once again our house is VERY happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so strange about the grinade?? Sounds like you had a really fun week and thanks so much for watching the kids for us while we ran the race!!
You are one CRAZY mama! I wish I had the energy you do! Can you bottle some and send it to me?
Julie
Post a Comment