After I get Max tucked in to bed, I tell him I love him and that I will come check on him in a few minutes. He then says, Mom, just lay next to me for one more minute .... I reply, ok one more minute. I then lay next to him on "Kileys bed" (our guest bedroom queen bed) and he likes to hold my fingers. Something we started when he was just 3 days old. Here is our conversation:
Mom: Max, I love you. You are my little angel.
Max: Your my angel mom. (My heart melts)
Mom: That is so sweet. You are also my little miracle!
Max: Your my jack o' lantern?
Mom: Your what? (It actually took me several minutes to understand what he said.)
Max: My jack o' lantern.
Mom / Max: Your so silly and we both start cracking up.
Max: Will you tell me the "back n' forth" story again?
Mom: Of course I will - I love you Max.
Then from memory of course ... I recited the "Love You Forever" story which usually brings me to tears when reading it directly from the book. But, after the story my sweet angel (who was not so angelic this afternoon after refusing to nap) was sound sleep. I am so very lucky to be his little jack o' lantern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so sweet. What a great thing to document so you can remember how cute they were...
That is so cute! I love that kid. It is moments like that that get you through all of the tantrums and the terrible 2's, isn't it? What a doll.
That is so sweet, and I am SO glad that you LOVE that story -ME TOO! I wish we could keep the sweetness bottled up so we could open it up every so often (especially needed between the ages of 15-18). ;)
That is so sweet! It's moments like that that make the "hair pulling moments" all worth it!
Post a Comment