Fall really is my favorite time of the year. There is something that I really love about the crisp air, changing and falling of the leaves, apples, pumpkins, wearing of a favorite sweater, watching football, drinking apple cider and of course going on a hay ride. Simple pleasures of this time of year make me very happy.This picture is along skyline drive here in the Shenandoah Valley. I have not taken the time to drive this entire valley but, I have seen parts of it from time to time. I'm hoping that Mark and I can take advantage of this drive within the next week or so. While Westerners would argue about these Virginia "mountains" and not classifying them as mountains I still love that they are completely covered in all sorts of trees and evergreens. Doesn't this picture make you want to catch a flight and come on out? If you come ... we would serve you apple cider and of course give you a warm bed! Come see our beautiful valley!!
3 comments:
I wanna come!! Hopefully someday soon we will make it out there again!
I sure do miss that Skyline Dr. Jeremy and I had a pass last year and it was so much fun to drive through. We get the fall colors here in Alabama, but the colors are not nearly as bright. They tell me because it doesn't get as cold here and that is why. I did love the colors of Northren Virginia. I hope all is well. I miss everyone.
Julee
Karen - we can't wait to visit ya'll in Alaska!
Julee - we do miss you tons! Super Saturday won't be the same without you. How about a roadtrip next weekend?
Post a Comment