Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My First Dandelion Bouquet

Today Max and I went for a walk with Avery down on the trail close to our house. Max stopped to pick sticks, dandelions, grass and just about any thing that looked remotely like a flower and presented them to me, "Here you go mommie ... and thanks for wiping my nose!" I'm so glad that his dad has taught him to remember his mom with flowers!

We are also in a new stage ... the "let me jump off of ANYTHING and throw my toys stage". I'm just waiting for the ottoman to give out when he goes to jump or for me to see the ball go through the window just as he is throwing it. Oh boy, really never a dull moment.

And, just in case you were wondering if "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is still being viewed at our house on a daily basis... yes! I try to limit it to twice a day. He LOVES this movie and it still holds his attention. I would say he has watched the movie somewhere between 50 and 60 times. Please know that I do read to him, help him build towers, play race cars, color, work on the alphabet letters, etc. too. He is not a complete movie junkie. But he definitely loves his "new movie".

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is so sweet. (well, not the jumping off everthing and throwing everything stage) You can get those little tiny vases now just for such occasions :)

Lamps Family said...

Well, Hunter has been in the jumping off stage since he was Max's age so you are in for a long haul. It must be a boy thing. But one thing is for sure, Little Boys love their mommies. I am a firm believer in that.

Julee

Bradleyfamily said...

I hope he didn't learn those from josh! Because he trys to jump off the couch and throw toys too. I started a Jail though. For toys that is.... I grew up with my parents saying if you can't pick it up and put it away or if take care of it then it should go in the jail. It has worked so far. If/when he wants it back in a day or two, then I have him help me pick up the toys or some small task. :)