Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My luck ... Part V

So today is our BIG DAY! Talked to Mark this morning and told him that I was finally able to get him a ride to the airport. Shuttles were booked up and friends were working, but thankfully he should be getting picked up here shortly. Hopefully he will arrive at the airport with hours to spare. I told him to go buy a good book!

In the meanwhile, I am trying to stay busy with more cooking and baking, laundry, reading books to Max, playing with our cousins and uncles across town.

Guess what I managed to do this morning? OK - I'll tell you. I washed my pants that had my cell phone in them! The only way I can communicate with others via long distance and of course with Mark! Ughh ... my luck has been so bad lately. Seriously, I need my phone! So I have been on the phone with Verizon trying to see what I can do. Currently, I have my phone and battery separated out and in a bag of white rice ... a suggestion from Verizon. Maybe that will help but, they need to dry out as long as possible before attempting to put them back together. What dumb luck!!!

So, I am praying that Mark gets out of Virginia tonight and lands safely and on-time in Las Vegas. I can't wait to give him a big hug and kiss! Neither can Max for the record!

No comments: