Brace yourselves you will NOT believe this story!
Today I had to take some time to get our truck registered with the state of Utah since our registration would be running out at the end of the month with Virginia. This is one of those chores that falls under "wait till the last minute ... who wants to deal with the DMV?" So, I got online to find out that I would have to get the truck inspected, take our title, fill out an application and then drive to HURRICANE! Hurricane is up the I-15 on the way to Zion and there are no other locations in St. George. So, I got Maxed settled down for "rest-time" as he is currently boycotting naps these days, and gathered up my stuff and headed out for what I thought would be an all afternoon excursion! Amazingly, my trip to the Jiffy Lube where they did the inspections... started out great! I was the only vehicle in the store, drove right in, got the inspection in 10 minutes paid my $17 bill and I was on my way to Hurricane. I drove over the mountain here in St. George, got on 1-15 and was off the highway in less than 15 minutes. I found the DMV, which had three different offices, parked, walked-in, punched a box as to what I was needing at the information desk and I was #464! In less than 60 seconds (no kidding!) my number was called and I was assisted by a friendly woman who knew what she was doing, asked for the appropriate documents which I proudly passed to her, asked which style of plates I wanted, collected my $147 dollars and sent me on my way! I told the woman helping me that this truly was a first for me in 24 years of dealing with DMV's! Next thing I knew I was on my way back to Santa Clara and even stopped in at the dollar store to pick up a card! Who says Christmas miracles don't happen? Not me ... said the very happy resident!
No comments:
Post a Comment