We made this yesterday for our Sunday dinner and had it again tonight for my dad's 72nd birthday dinner. YUMMO! I highly recommend this recipe and it is VERY simple!
1 packet dry yeast (or 2 1/2 tsp)
2 Cups warm water
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
4 Cups flour
1-2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary - plus more for topping
Olive Oil, corn meal, melted butter and salt
I made this in my mom's bosch machine ... but I'm sure it would do just fine in the kitchenaid.
Dissolve yeast in the warm water and sugar. Add flour, salt and 1-2 tsp. rosemary and stir until blended, do not knead!! Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until double in size. (I left mine in the bosch during this hour and put a wet paper towel on top to keep moist) Remove dough (it will be sticky... I put oil on my hands to handle which made it easy). Place dough on a greased cookie sheet that you also have put corn meal down on and form 2 rounds. Cover with a towel or greased plastic wrap. Then let it rise another hour. Remove plastic wrap and brush each round with melted butter and lightly sprinkle with rosemary and salt. (I used regular salt but sea salt would be great) Bake at 425 for 10 minutes then reduce temp to 375 for 12-15 minutes more.
Cool slightly then cut ... dip in your favorite olive oil / balsamic vinegar and it is delicious!!!
PS - Anyone cooking in the south should add 1 1/4 cups extra flour to make it turn our just right due to lower elevations.
I found this recipe at www.makeandtakes.com/rosemary-peasant-bread
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment