Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Not Just a House ....

Due to our economic challenges (i.e. no jobs...) we have been trying to sell our home. Recently we have dropped our price significantly which is discouraging but it was necessary. And, while we are losing money, disgusted with our circumstances and sad to move .... I should say we will be leaving not just a house but our home. This is the first house that Mark and I bought together and we moved here just about 4 years ago from Alexandria, VA. This home has many memories for us. This is the home, where I went in to labor with Max, this is the house we brought Max home to. This is the home, that Mark and I painted, created planting beds, put new trees in to, found turtles in our driveway, built the first snowman with Max at, flew kites at with Justin, hauled mulch, dirt, and grass around to various locations. This house has baked many loaves of bread, cookies, turkeys, and we have grilled countless hamburgers and hotdogs. We had our first garden here and canned tomatoes, peaches, salsa, green beans and jam. We have had first Christmas' here, Easters, Halloween and many other holiday's. We have had garage sales here and we have washed many cars here. We have hosted many Relief Society events here along with baby showers and BBQ's. And, so while I am anxious to sell this home so the pressure of our economic times will lift, I am sad to see our home go to another family.

2 comments:

Nathan Jensen said...

Those are so cute Stephanie! You are so creative and I bet your doing a great job in Primary! Kids at that age are so cute, even if they are a bit rambunctious!

Perley Family said...

This post made me cry. It is so hard to leave a house you've made a home. Trent and I were excited to move to Ashburn, but I was balling the last time I locked the door on our old house. I brought home two babies there and it was hard to leave. It really made it difficult because I had no idea who was moving in. I just wanted the house to be loved and cared for. Hopefully it is. But I must say, I feel like we have such a better life as a family now that Trent is not commuting so far, etc. I think you will find your "concrete" soon! I will keep you in my prayers!