Saturday, March 14, 2009

Plate It Up ... is Beginning to Boom!

This past week I have been working very hard on making contacts and getting my 30 samples out to store and business owners. It has been very exciting to see the public respond to these crazy little plates. I am working on starting another blog that will feature the products and the locations as to where they can be bought. The biggest excitement that I had was to be able to sell them outright to the Apple Blossom Store that will be opening here on March 30th. This entire town has an enormous festival that is celebrated with mulitple parades, golf tournaments, luncheons, circus, concerts, etc. The true apple blossom is white with a green leaves and a pink tint to the blossom. However, the colors that are used to celebrate this fesitval are a traditional pink and kelly green. Therefore, my Cherry Blossom plate is actually perfect for it. I have ordered an apple blossom product that I will make plates with ... it will not be here until Monday. I have several stores that are anxious for it to come in. Hopefully, those plates will be beautiful as well. Yesterday, I had to stop selling for an afternoon to go search out more glass plates so that I can keep up with the requests. Late night and some long days have certainly been welcome as I am excited to see how far I can get these plates out!

PS - I have NOT forgotten about the butterfly request! I have made two but, Mark told me that I should keep trying... I know I can do better!

No comments: