Sunday, March 15, 2009

Discovery Space Shuttle Launch

Tonight we were able to watch the Discovery Shuttle Launch live on Fox News. Max was sooo excited to see the rockets explode! This was his first live television viewing of a space shuttle take off! We kept telling him these were the rockets and shuttle just like he saw at the museum. He gave a big laugh and smile once everything got going and lift-off was happening. Mark and I were amazed at the speed of the shuttle. Once in space, NASA mentioned it would be going 17,000 mph!

My thanks to those who have a love and passion for space, discovery, flying, science and simply having the guts to get in a shuttle and go explore! I simply enjoy watching others have a the thrill of their lifetime and I am grateful that others have a passion for it. Just as the countdown was to 30 seconds I said to Mark, you think anyone on the crew is saying, wait .... I have second thoughts about doing this? His reply... well if they do, I think they are SOL at this point! We laughed and enjoyed the moment. Here are some photo's courtesy of the AP.


3 comments:

Lamps Family said...

That must have been very exciting for him. Now I want you to know, or perhaps you alreay know, those rockets are designed here in Huntsville, AL at NASA. Just a bit of trivia.

Raenie said...

Ah, I wish I would have known. Dallin loves rockets!

Angela said...

You know Madisen will work for NASA someday? That is her goal in life.