Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Off to the ER!

Last night turned out to be more interesting than most nights around here. About 8:45 Max found a little round magnet ball that is part of a toy that Justin has up in his closet on the high shelf. Somehow, this one ball ended up in Max's mouth and eventually in his belly!

So after panicking, calling Grandma in St. George, and 911 .... we decided to go ahead and take Max in to the hospital to be seen my a doctor. The EMT's agreed with Grandma and said it will probably just flush its way out .... but the doctor was quite concerned over the size and the potential for having another toy "magnetized" to the ball. After an xray we found there was only one magnet and it was still in his stomach. After a couple of hours of consults from the Dr's at the hospital and his pediatrician on-call they decided they would not need to "fish" it out and we would be able to just watch the south end of his business for a couple of days. To say the least, we were relieved but we are still worried. Today he was able to eat and play as normal and still we have no magnet out of him ... so Max is telling everyone he still has a magnet in his belly! We are on magnet watch but, feel assured all will be well within the next 24 to 48 hours!

2 comments:

Nathan Jensen said...

I would be concerned about that too! I'm sure everything will be fine though. I hope you find the magnet very soon so you don't have to worry for too long!

Angela said...

AGHHH! I would be worried too. I hope it all comes out in the end. Your little snowman post sound like it could be a childrens book.