Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our Little Garden

















Since we finally have some garden beds along our house we were able to save some money and finally put some plants and mulch in this past spring. I know we should not be prideful but, I do have to say I am so excited and proud of our little garden! We have three varieties of pepper plants growing and Roma tomatoes as well! It seems like such a miracle to have little seeds grow and produce beautiful fruit. I am grateful for the skills and desire that my parents instilled in me growing up to learn the art of gardening. Now I still consider myself a novice but, I have discovered "Miracle Grow" and boy has it helped! Our azalea's that we bought were a little sad looking after we got them in the ground and infact, I think they were on sale because they were last years plants, not sure but I suspect. We were worried about them but, after applying a little "Miracle Grow" I can honestly say a miracle has occured! They look great. Half of them will bloom both in the spring and in the fall so I am excited to see them again. Half have white flowers on them and the other have a hot pink flower to them.

Our other garden beds were either revamped this Spring or created as well. Mark and I worked our tails off on our retaining wall for the front our house and put all new plants in their as well. Along side of our walk out basement steps we put Rhododendrums (sp?) and Hasta's which are doing great. They have a purple flower on both. We added two cherry tree's to our front yard as well.

All n' all . . . we really have a beautiful yard and Mark keeps our lawn looking just perfect all year round. He takes great pride in mowing, edging and weed-wacking our yard each week. I'm sure next year we will add more plants and trees but, for now we are happy with our accomplishments. Tonight we will have a ceremony as we pick our first red pepper!












1 comment:

Karen said...

Thats awesome that you have a garden! I want one! Maybe next year- Of course, up here in Alaska you need a green house. we'll see what happens. I love reading your blog! :D Max and Justin (and of course you and Mark) seem to be doing great!