I've been thinking lately on how we truly have become a society of points. Think about it . . . points for mileage on your credit card, points for using your debit card at the bank, points at the grocery store for a free turkey, points at grocery store for reduced gas prices, points for staying at your favorite hotel chain, points for even drinking your favorite beverage!
My question is, have you taken advantage of your points?
Unfortunately, Mark and I drink way too much diet coke. However, some time ago, I did sign up to keep track of our points on http://www.mycokerewards.com/. This way, I can feel much better about drinking my coke in large quantities because ultimately I will get something for free if I save up long enough! To date, I have turned points in for free magazine subscripions and of course a diet coke huggie for our cans! I did attempt to turn points in (over 900 of them) for some free pans which still have not come. I feel a little taken about it - after all, over 900 points were required. None-the-less, I still drink diet coke.
Other points that I have redeemed were from Marriott. On our little trip to Hershey Park we were able to use points on for our hotel room. It certainly was not the luxurious penthouse suite but, neverless points were used and in today's economy, doesn't every point count?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment