Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Where's the Ark?

The other night we had a terrential down pour! It was greatly needed and boy were we happy to get some free water on our yard. I was in playing the piano with Max and we took a break from our singing . . . (which I'm sure Mark and Justin appreciated) and looked out at the storm. I noticed in our driveway we had a turtle making his way across it. I was so excited to show Max the turtle. I tried to point it out to him but, he was looking at me, like what are you talking about mom?

So, I opened the front door and in the rain ran out to the driveway to show him the turtle before it got under the truck. I called for Mark and Justin to come see the turtle and we found ourselves standing in the garage looking at the poor turtle getting drenched! Mark decided that everyone would need a closer look so he braved the picking up of the turtle. Max and Justin were very excited and it was all we could do to keep Max from giving the turtle a "luv". We kept telling Max the turtle will bite you if you keep trying to pet him on the head and we really did not need to make a run to the emergency room.




So, after admiring the turtle we decided to get him a box and feed him some lettuce and bread. But, I really do not think the turtle was hungry . . . but it was a nice effort. The boys wanted to bring the turtle in the house, to keep as a pet, which Mark and I quickly had to squash that idea! We decided that the best thing to do was to return him to the walking trail path near our home where he could explore and make a new home amongst all the tall grass.

Mark put Max on his shoulders and Justin carried the box with the turtle and food. We decided it would be a good lesson on animals and nature and the boys enjoyed a nice walk in the rain to "set it free"! The next day, Max was thrilled to tell his friends in nursery about the turtle and setting it free as it was lost in looking for the Ark!








No comments: