I am so proud of Mark! He is in his 4th week in country and is finally stationed at his job post. He is slowing adjusting to the country, the climate and working in an unfamiliar environment. I am so thankful that we can talk just about every morning and now that he is at his final job point, I can give him a call if I needed to. Our lives have turned up-side-down over the past 2 months but, we are so grateful for the job and this opportunity. He is working 7 days a week usually 10 to 12 hour days. Now that he is getting settled in he will be starting work on designing roads and over-seeing contractors. Since he has been in Afghanistan he has had one flight by plane and one by helicopter. He is getting to see a whole new part of the world first hand and is learning about a completely different culture! I am anxious to have him home for Thanksgiving and so I am counting down the weeks. Thankfully he will be able to come home every three months. Mark has already met so many people from different parts of the world and the US and the great thing is that he is making contacts for future work every day. I know the Lord is watching over Mark and each and every day Max says a prayer that his daddy will stay safe and protected. We miss you and we are so proud of you Mark!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
All About Mark
I am so proud of Mark! He is in his 4th week in country and is finally stationed at his job post. He is slowing adjusting to the country, the climate and working in an unfamiliar environment. I am so thankful that we can talk just about every morning and now that he is at his final job point, I can give him a call if I needed to. Our lives have turned up-side-down over the past 2 months but, we are so grateful for the job and this opportunity. He is working 7 days a week usually 10 to 12 hour days. Now that he is getting settled in he will be starting work on designing roads and over-seeing contractors. Since he has been in Afghanistan he has had one flight by plane and one by helicopter. He is getting to see a whole new part of the world first hand and is learning about a completely different culture! I am anxious to have him home for Thanksgiving and so I am counting down the weeks. Thankfully he will be able to come home every three months. Mark has already met so many people from different parts of the world and the US and the great thing is that he is making contacts for future work every day. I know the Lord is watching over Mark and each and every day Max says a prayer that his daddy will stay safe and protected. We miss you and we are so proud of you Mark!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, he really looks so official in that uniform. It sucks to have to be away for so long, but you are right, at least he gets to come home occassionally for visits. By the way, I got your message. Sorry I missed your call. Today ended up being a little hectic. I'm excited to chat, I'll call tomorrow!
I love this post. I'm glad you're able to keep in touch so often. Praying for all of you.
I'm so glad things are going well for you both. I'm sure it is SO hard being so far apart and scary too, but I'm so excited that you'll see each other at Thanksgiving. You guys are always in our prayers!
Post a Comment