The Spectrum, St. George's Daily Newspaper published an article on our School Supplies Project yesterday morning. I made the front page with a follow-up on A3. Here is the link that will take you to the full article. There are two pictures but, with the link you only see the REALLY bad picture of me. Of course it was large and above the fold line on the paper. It was kind of weird to drive to the gym yesterday morning and see my picture in all my neighbors driveway! The important thing was the article and so far I have had quite a few responses by email and phone from people here in town wanting to help support our project. Mark and I posted the link on our Facebook pages and have had several responses from that. One manager with Rubbermaid is contacting their sister company to see if they would donate chalk, markers, etc. that they produce. Several others are contacting their childrens school to see if they can collect supplies and have more letters written to the kids or the soldiers. Either way, the word is spreading about the need and I am so happy to be part of something bigger than our own worries! One lady here in St. George offered to make a blog spot for the cause and another lady called me to say that every fall when school supplies go on sale, she buys $100 worth and would like to donate all the supplies she has on hand to us. Another contact of mom's (Grandma Tippets) has made 8 helmet liners and will be bringing them down to us on Tuesday from Cedar City.
There are a lot of wonderful people who are willing to help & support complete strangers. For this I am grateful simply because I truly want to help the children of Afghanistan who can not help themselves with these basics. Again, Mark and I are grateful to everyone who can help with either spreading the word, donating their time, money or start a drive in their local area. This is a great way to start off the year!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment