So a year ago this week, Mark lost his job with Triad Engineering due to the economy. It is no secret that this past year has been one of the hardest years of my life and our marriage. But, thankfully things are looking up with Mark now employed by the Federal Government and working for the Army Corps of Engineers, we have a wonderful support system of family and friends, for the most part we are healthy and we have the gospel in our lives that we strive to live faithfully each day.
For the record .... we are still homeowners in Winchester, Virginia. We are still working with the banks, buyers, title companies, realtors and fax paperwork on just about a daily basis to someone. The time that it takes to monitor and keep going with our daily tasks can sometimes where me out! That is for sure. We are truly praying that we will be done with our home sale by the end of the month. Truly that would be the best Christmas present to us ... perhaps I need to sit on Santa's lap and clue him in!
Max has been sick for the past 5 or 6 days. I kept him home from school and swim lessons a couple of days last week and it really through our schedule off. We had some tough days with no naps and more than usual crankiness and a few more "nos" thrown in to my day. But, today we are back to schedule and he is currently napping, yeah!
My brother-in-law Steven has been in the hospital with emergency surgery this past week on his intestine and colon. He has an uphill battle to face with his health for the next couple of months as he will need to go through chemotherapy. Our prayers are with Steven, Jenn & their family.
I started working out at a gym called Anytime Fitness this past week. Tomorrow it will have been a week since I started. I worked out with a trainer for 2 days and enjoyed it very much. I'm tempted to have him work with me once a week or so just so I can stay on track and see some results that I am working towards. With the exception of Sunday, I've been in the gym for an hour to hour n' half each day. I have enjoyed it and definitely plan on keeping it up! Eating right and working to get healthier is a goal I have and there is no better time than right now.
I'm thankful for all that I have ... it is easy to complain and see the negative but, generally it is much better to look at the positive. I hope everyone has a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It has been a tough year, but it's been amazing to see that you're tougher than anything that's been thrown at you. I admire you and Mark so much. I hope things continue to turn around for you.
Thanks for being such a great example!
So sorry to hear that Max had been sick and to hear about your brother. We think about you often and pray that things will work out in the end. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment