Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween & the ER

Sunday morning Max woke up with a swollen face (right side), crying in pain and a fever! So, off to the ER we went to find out what was going on. I figured there was an ear infection in there but, why was his face swollen? Sure enough, the ear infection was well on the way, his right tonsil was inflamed, and some lymph node in the cheek was inflamed and holding on the infection which was swollen and causing the majority of the pain. Just as the doctor was checking him out, Mark called so I was able to fill him in on everything that was happening. Thank heavens for antibiotics and Motrin to the rescue.

I had not planned on having Max go trick or treating since it was Sunday and really we don't need any more candy .... he was happy to put his costume on and answer the door. He must have asked me a dozen times, when are the trick or treaters coming mom? Finally between 7 and 8 pm we had about 15 kids come through. A little different from the 400 we used to get in Winchester.

Today I had to take the day off ... which I was bummed about because I am trying to save all my time for January when Mark comes home, to take Max back to his Dr's to see if there was improvement. Thank heavens the med's are helping. We'll be back to school and work tomorrow as he is not contagious! Despite pain, vomiting, fever, strep throat tests (otherwise known as the stick in the throat test) Max still managed to have some fun on Halloween.

No comments: