Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Jesus Watch Guards

This past weekend we drove out to Winchester to find our Christmas tree, decorations, lights, etc. We were able to find most of what we were looking for and once I got everything up to the apartment, Max says, "mom you are really strong!"
Tonight for FHE, we covered the baby Jesus story. Thanks to a friend who shared a tradition with us a few years ago, I am having Max lay a piece of rafia in our version of a cradle / manger every time he does a kind deed. Then, when baby Jesus comes on Christmas morning, he will have a soft place to lay his his head, etc. After I got Max to sleep tonight, I came back in to the living room to find that the army guys were on night watch for baby Jesus! I love it. I'm so grateful for those who are on night watch in Afghanistan. May there be peace among the land tonight.

1 comment:

Ms. Mini said...

Hi Stephanie - Merry Christmas! I realized I don't have a current mailing address to mail a card to . . . hope all is well in VA for you and the family. - Ann