
I can hardly believe it ... I think I start out his birthday posts the same way each year. This week Max turned 4 on the 3rd . He is growing and maturing so much so fast. I love to hear what he has to say and watch how his mind thinks. He has an amazing memory - maybe all kids do but, he is constantly saying things to me such as, "like we did back in Virginia?" with specific examples. Max goes to a Montessori pre-school which is excellent four days a week from 8 am to 11 am. He LOVES school and after I spent some time with him at school this week, I can see why. His teachers are all very kind and speak in a soft calm voice. They do their "work" in various rooms from the practical life rooms to the learning vocabulary rooms, etc. His math skills have improved greatly and he recognizes and knows the sounds of many of the letters of the alphabet. He loves to listen to the primary songs on CD in our truck while we travel about town and his favorite snack is gum! Grandma Tippets bought him a cookie monster stuffed animal for his birthday which was very fitting because Max does love a good chocolate chip cookie. His favorite activity is to go swimming. He earns stickers by being a good listener, being obedient, etc. and when he earns 5 stickers, Grandpa Tippets takes him swimming at our local indoor pool. Max is currently enrolled in gymnastics and goes once a week for 45 minutes and also loves it as well. His current favorite toys are trains. For his birthday we had a Thomas the Train party and I attempted to make a train cake. Below are a couple of pictures from his party. Max misses his dad and Justin very much and looks forward to talking to Mark each morning when he calls. Sometimes, he will burst in to tears and tell me that he is sad that dad is not coming home "today or tonight" but, he knows he will see him soon. In fact, the other day, I was having a hard time with Mark being gone and Max came to my room and crawled up next to me and said, "Don't cry, we'll see dad in April. It will be ok ..." He is such a sweet angel and I love him to pieces! Later after Maxs birthday party I took him over to Grandpa & Grandma Bridges' home where he got to visit with them and wrestle with Grandpa Bridges. Max loves to get down on the floor and wrestle. He loves to see them and I'm grateful that we live so close to them.


2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe he is 4. It always amaizes me how time goes by fast. I swear it didn't go that fast when I was kid. Happy Birthday Max!
What do you mean you "attempted" to make a train cake? It's adorable!! Happy late Birthday to Max. Being 4 is pretty cool.
Post a Comment