Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Sweetest Prayer

Yesterday morning as I went to bless our breakfast, Max pitched a huge fit about folding his arms and being completely disrespectful about giving a prayer. Well, after 10 minutes in time-out which seemed almost like an eternity (to me anyway) he decided that he did know how to fold his arms and be a good listener.

This morning, when it was time to bless our breakfast, I said to him, "Now I know you know how to fold your arms and say the blessing, would you like to do it?" He was anxious to show me how he can fold his arms and loud and clearly he said the following:
"Heavenly Father, thank you for our good nights rest, thank you for our house, for our money in our wallets, for grandpa's wallet, for our keys, for the calulators, for the juice we don't take down stairs, for chocolate milk, for coke ... pause... and for our eggs and toast. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

We still need to work on closing our eyes with him, as I am sure he was surveying the table and kitchen to say things he was thankful for. But, none-the-less we are trying our best to teach him how to be reverent and respectful. Today, mommy was very proud of him!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

this is so funny, i love "the juice we don't take downstairs" but my favorite is that he is thankful for "coke" and not "diet coke" - have you started drinking the hard stuff now??

Anonymous said...

Love this! I wish I could see you all. My girls would have a blast playing with Max.

Bridges Family said...

No we are drinking diet coke - he just doesn't understand the difference yet.

Angela said...

Max is too stinkin cute! I love his little "Max-isms".