Sunday, February 22, 2009

No Naps = Early to Bed!

The past several days Max has not been taking an afternoon nap for whatever reason and I think I am kind of liking it. I guess it is a little selfish but, he is ready for bed by 7 pm and after we go through our bedtime routine - I have so much time in the evening again! I have found myself working on cross stitch projects again and enjoying our "couple" time where Mark and I can talk without interuption. It really is refreshing. I'm sure most parents figure this out way before the upcoming 3rd birthday but, early to bed is quite nice! Although I will add ... he is getting up around 1 or 2 each night and looking for a drink of water or calling me in to "retuck" him under the covers with all his bedtime friends but I'm sure that too will pass. I do love spending that quality time with him just before he falls asleep. This time usually includes recaping the day, what we are doing the next day and some finely sung tunes! While our singing time usually consists of the Top Ten Primary songs our CD should be released soon .... I'm just waiting for Simon C. to call any day now! I think SLC is also trying to reach for us their next release as well..... ha ha ha ha ha!

1 comment:

Bradleyfamily said...

HHHHmmmmmmm That schedule doesn't sound too bad! I have Bailey going to bed at 7:30 and Josh at 8:00. That would be nice to have extra time at night when I am ready for some time to myself. :) Joshy is so excited to come to Max's Birthday party!