We have had a VERY busy week. Although exhaustion has set in at this point on Sunday night I did want to write down a couple of things Max said today before I forget. Birthday pictures to follow but, most of them are on facebook.
Yesterday morning we attended our stake baptism day. We had 6 children getting baptized and that included having LOTS of out-of-town family members. The services were held in the chapel and then 3 kids at a time and families would move down to the RS room for their baptisms and confirmations. We had two kids from our ward and we are very close to one of them. So we were excited to go. Max and all the children were able to sit close and see all the action. Thankfully they have installed a glass barrier between the room and the font so no one could fall in or get pushed in.
Today as we were walking in to church, Max said to me, "Mom, if dad does not get back before I turn 8, will you baptize me?" I laughed for a minute and then informed him, that dad will be back way before his 8th birthday and that mom could not baptize him. It would have to be daddy or grandpa. Of course Max then questioned why I could not baptize him, and I said, well because I don't have the priesthood. Why? Was his answer to this. Because the mommies have to carry the babies and the daddies get to have the priesthood! Perhaps not the best answer but, he dropped it after that. It seemed to satisfy him for the minute anyway.
We are then riding in the car and Max asked to listen to "Take it to the left" song. I said is that a song from school? I don't recognize it. No no ... he replied. Maybe daddy took it back to Afghanistan with him. I said, no daddy did not take any music back with him. Anyway, he insisted that daddy listened to this song with him and he just wanted to listen to "Take it to the left" ... have pondering this for some time, I finally realized Max was talking about "Take it to the Limit" from the Eagles cd. Once I found which song he was referring to .... we listened to it over and over so Max would know it was "limit" not "left"! Such a stinkin' smart kid with an incredible memory.
More Max questions and ponderings to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment