Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Raising A Boy ...

This sweet boy is so bright, smart, cute, has a memory that can't be stopped and is going through so many social growing pains! Max has been learning how to interact with other kids while at school and lately, we have had many "incident" reports written up. Thankfully they have not all included Max and Max has not been the cause of all the incidents but, "boy howdy" school lately has been a challenge!

The teachers will say to me "he is all boy" or "boys will just do this" or "this is natural for boys" etc. "These" boys will break out in wrestling matches at any given time especially if there is an older boy close by. My definition of wrestling is watching Max body tackle other kids (including some girls) to the ground, swing arms and legs and roll on top of one another. Swinging arms and pushing can happen uncontrollably at just about any time. I found out that another little boy at his school thinks he is a power ranger so therefore he likes to lash out, punching and kicking at any given time. Again, "all boy" and "boys will just do this". Hmmm .... I have and will continue to try and teach Max about CTR especially when it comes to our friends and teachers at school. Listening and comprehending is just an on-going project for all kids, I think in reality and for some of us adults too! Mark (along with close friends and parents) get to hear me rant about how concerned I am over all of this but, the reality most likely is that I am not alone ... Maxs' behavior is mostly likely as normal as it can be for an almost 5 year old! Mommiehood just gets better and better, but this sweet boy can melt my heart every day especially when I hear "Mom, I love you soooo much" which usually happens just as he is dozing off to sleep.

1 comment:

Jimmy Romero said...

"Boy Howdy!"