Mark and I were married 12 years ago in the Las Vegas temple. We have been living all over Virginia, Utah, Wyoming, Afghanistan and Nebraska! Justin is 17 years old and Max is 8. Boy do they keep us busy!!!
Mark has worked on both a boy and girl school in Qalat and each school has close to 200 kids. Supplies are scarce and the basics are needed. I have been working on buying and collecting school supplies since I heard about the kids there and the needs they have. I have been getting the word out to friends and family the response has been great! I have had complete strangers see that I was buying supplies and give me money or buy a supply and hand it to me to send along. It has been very rewarding for me to see how generous so many have been to help others who are so in need. I am so happy to know that many children are getting educated which hopefully in-turn will help many future generations live a better life.
Please check out our new blog for updates on this project. You can click on the button above for Writing A Brighter Future or here and you'll see all the updates. Also, feel free to add the button to your blog! THANKS!
Decorative Plates for all occasions! Available in Spring 2010 at Apple Blossom Gift Store and Simply Charming in Winchester, VA. Coming soon to St. George, Utah. Check out www.plateitupinwinchester.blogspot.com or click on the picture above!
I can have my bags packed in an hour ... just need the flights! It will take 24 hours to get there but, don't you think it would be worth it! This place is on my "Bucket List"! (hint, hint Mark)
1 comment:
This place looks SO dreamy! I would love to go there some day too :)
Post a Comment