Saturday, August 28, 2010

August R&R ... Good News!

We had a quick trip back to Virginia to spend 10 days with him while he was doing his medical tests for his 9 month extension. While we were there we got to visit with many friends, go to the national zoo, go to a water park, visit our storage units, play a competitive game of Risk, visit with Justin, go swimming at our hotels, visit the Natural History Museum, eat Godiva chocolate, visit Tyson Corner mall, ride the metro, oh .... and visit the FBI building in downtown DC! In fact, during our trip to the FBI office building ... I had a job interview and was hired! What a surprising week for all of us!

My new career with the FBI will begin at the end of September and I can hardly wait! I will be SOO busy in the next four weeks as I will start my drive back out to Virginia, find us a place to live, line up pre-school, go through storage units and set up our home! Max will hang out with Grandpa & Grandma for a few weeks until I can get ready for him to come out. Mark is working his way back to base and will work for another 9 months if all goes well with his tour orders. While we are sad to say good-bye once again, we are planning to see him for Christmas or early January depending on his schedule.


We got to see ..... Lions at the National Zoo...


Dinsosaur bones ... Max inside the head

Maxs' favorite Old Testament story ... Daniel & Lions Den ... he was so excited to these guys!



Eating pizza with Justin at California Pizza Kitchen ....



Mark & Max at Chili's ... eating out for 11 days total does get a little old!



Swimming! We did lots of swimming at our hotels & at Water Mine, a park in Reston.

Lots of fun in our hotel room and lots of great cuddle time with dad!

Max & Mark enjoying lots of loves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark, Justin and Max all look great! Glad things are working out. Wish I could help out with the move.