Did you know ... that in the last 15 years or so, tanning beds have been upgraded and become 150 times more powerful? Did you know that tanning for 8 minutes on your first exposure in say 15 years (give or take) in a stand-up bed can cause you IMMENSE PAIN for at least 5 days? Did you know that in a stand-up bed the maximum amount of time that the bed will cook you for is 9 minutes? Do you know all the places that your body can potentially have a blister from exposure to a tanning bed? Did you know that your body can potentially have an allergic reaction to your skin drying out and peeling for 3 days? Did you know that I was dumb enough to think, "why don't I try tanning down at the gym, perhaps if I was not so ghostly white I would consider a swim suit this summer or even shorts"?
So many things I didn't know ... and guess what? I know them now!!! Ughhh
5 comments:
I'm thinking of the movie line where Matthew Perry tells Selma Hayek, "In case you haven't noticed, the white people are frying out here!"
Well I was thinking about doing a little tanning this year, but I have second thoughts!
J - That's hilarious! Loved that movie. Too bad we have to suffer so much just to not look so ghostly!
I may return to the bed next week; we'll see. No promises. May just go back to accepting my whiteness!
I have never been able to do the "Fake 'N' Bake" thing. I prefer the good old fashioned sunshine. There's just something sooooo relaxing about lying out on a beach or pool side or even in my own backyard! It's just so peaceful. I hope you're feeling better soon though!!
Man, that sucks! I used to go tanning and Charlie even bought me tanning passes one year for my birthday. We look back on it and ask ourselves, what were we thinking? I'd advise against it. Try the spray tan, that's what I did before we went to Hawaii. It doesn't last very long but gives you the look you are going for.
Post a Comment