Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday Market - Tuacahn

This past Saturday a shared a booth space at the Saturday Market at Tuacahn. The hours were from 9 am to 1 pm and we had about 30 different vendors come out to sell everything from home-made breads, jams, salsas, cowboy hats, knives, jewelry, pens, bbq sandwiches, hand weaving, purses, etc. I had a great day and plan to have my own booth this coming Saturday where I can spread out all the plates I have along with a cross stitch that my mom did "Return with Honor" and display all of my dad's current weavings. Dad was one of the featured artists showing how he makes his beautiful blankets or as he likes to call them his lap robes! Take a look at the BYU & University of Utah blankets below ... they are all for sale ... and he is currently working on a Wyoming Cowboy blanket! All of his patterns he designs himself, the material is acrylic, machine washable, and he does all the work by himself on sticks! He is amazing! Mom can cross stitch like no one else I know and all of our homes have her beautiful work in them as well. It was a long busy weekend but, profitable and fun! Check out Tuacahn!

I sold plates, vases, and granite coasters.

I took orders that I am fulfilling this week and sending them off to Minnesota!

I also sold Rosemary Peasant Bread and "You Won't Regret Them" Brownies ... YUM!

Here is my dad with some of his weavings!
Check out BYU & Uof U blankets!

I started working part-time at Tuacahn this past week. I work in their gift gallery during concerts and performances .... the pay is practically nothing but, I get free tickets to the shows and I get to see and hear some fun performances. This past week I worked during a Kellie Pickler concert and the BYU Folk Dancers performances. Tuacahn is a beautiful outdoor theater that is located up a canyon in Ivins, Utah about 6 miles from our home! This summer they have Tarzan, Crazy For You and Cats as their main attractions. If you are in the area, I strongly suggest getting tickets!

No comments: