Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yard Work + Humidity = Near Death ...

Mark handles all our yard work. And, I must say he does an excellent job! Mark takes great pride in a well manicured lawn and a weed free lawn as well. This week Mark did the lawn on either Tuesday or Wednesday right before we were showing our house but, since then the rain came down and of course .... our beautiful green lawn grows very quickly. We are having an open house again tomorrow and I had to talk Mark in to cutting it again today as it was just long enough that it needed it but probably would have been OK if we didn't. And, today the humidity was at an all time high and sticky! So, I told him that I would come out and cut while he did the weed wacking, edging, blowing, etc. It really wouldn't take that long if we were both doing it together and Max and Justin could watch a movie / nap. So, off we went to the automatic weight loss / sauna we call the great outdoors in Winchester, VA. Really, this type of humidity does not come till August or so but, today we were so blessed! Anyway, half way in to cutting while I was emptying the grass bag (which is so stinkin' heavy) I thought to myself, Mark was so right ... this could have waited! Then, a rain cloud burst open and started to sprinkle on us which was a nice relief since that was just about when I thought I would pass out. Never-the-less, we perservered and the lawn looks great. In fact, one neighbor stopped by to tell me specifically how nice our yard looks. I also was thinking about all the work Mark and I have done in this yard, with the garden beds, stacked bricks, clearing of the fence, hauling dirt, mulch, seed, sod and of course hidden treasures from the builder. So, to our future home buyer .... I really hope you know how hard we have worked in this yard and I truly hope the next home owner keeps up a nice yard ... or at least hires someone to keep it nice!

No comments: