Thursday, June 30, 2011

Welcome Home Party

To help keep me sane during the past few months of patiently waiting for Mark to come home, I decided to plan a big homecoming party for him. I had special invitations printed up and made arrangements to have the party at the church in the cultural hall. Mark had missed bbq food so much while he was gone we had it catered by Famous Daves. My friend Jen Bishop made her awesome baked beans and I had one of our young women make these fantastic cupcakes for dessert. We had just over a hundred people come out - friends from Northern Virginia to Winchester. My friend Tammy Nixon made the gorgeous flower arrangements for me and helped me get everything set up. It was a lot of work but, I enjoyed doing it for Mark. Unfortunately we had so much fun visiting ... the camera got put down early on and we don't have many pictures from the great evening. Welcome Home Mark!



No comments: