Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Thankful For ...

This past monday night we had a family home evening lesson on "I'm Thankful For" with Grandma & Grandpa Tippets. We wrote down various things we were thankful for, taped them to leaves and placed them all around our fireplace. We taught Max that when we say our prayers, sometimes, we can just tell Heavenly Father everything that we are grateful for and not ask for any blessings. We went through lots and lots of blessings, from toys, indoor plumbing, family, gospel, airplanes, swimming pools, good health, etc.

Tonight after work, Max and I went to Michaels to get a couple of things for our wards trunk or treat party tomorrow night. While there, somehow Max convinced me to get him a new light sabor for halloween. Tonight while saying his prayers, Max told Heavenly Father, thank you for the "best light sabor in his entire life!" I had to hold back a little chuckle but, at least he is getting the concept for thankfulness and gratitude.

Here are some of our "fall thankful" leaves.






1 comment:

Shellie said...

I love the fall leaves around the fireplace, what a great idea and a fun fall decoration!